We are an ambitious genetic engineering start-up seeking an outstanding candidate for the role of Senior Analytical Chemist / Biochemical Engineer. As a highly-motivated individual, you will specialise in extraction, detection & characterisation of Natural Products produced from a range of engineered cyanobacterial strains. You will tackle a range of challenges as an integral part of the new team, and demonstrate a high degree of flexibility, creativity, and initiative. You will be adaptable, work well collaboratively, and be able to thrive in a start-up environment.
- Work closely with the CTO and other Bondi team-members to establish the company’s cyanobacterial strain characterisation pipeline.
- Utilise a variety of relevant lab techniques (centrifugation, filtration, evaporation, crystallization, distillation, etc.) to develop effective separation processes to extract and recover Natural Products from our fermentation processes.
- Apply expert knowledge of GC-MS/HPLC to quantify and characterise a range of Natural Products produced from engineered cyanobacteria.
- Work closely with Bondi’s Strain Engineers to improve yields and productivity of engineered strains.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary scientific team to implement experimental plans and achieve project goals
- Contribute to the company's intellectual property (IP) portfolio and assist on preparation of patent applications.
Education & Experience
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical biology, or similar, with at least 3 years industrial/postdoctoral lab experience within biotechnology - or BSc/MSc with equivalent industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with the latest chemical characterisation techniques, including GC-MS and HPLC, essential.
- Experience in organic synthesis advantageous.
- Experience with plant Natural Product chemistry and biosynthesis advantageous.
- Direct experience with automated platforms and characterising microbial- or algal-produced compounds advantageous.
Commensurate with experience.
Equity possibilities for outstanding candidates
If you are interested please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.